Progressive ● Pro Active ● Partnership
The mission of the Mid-South Cargo Security Council is to create and maintain a cooperative pro-active partnership of private industry and law enforcement to combat organized interstate theft of cargo and other related criminal activities. To develop lines of communication, combine resources, promote preventive strategies to reduce occurrences and property loss, increase apprehension, enhance recovery, and insure a more successful prosecution.
The Mid-South Cargo Security Council Membership is comprised of professionals in the fields of Interstate Commerce, Air Freight, Distribution, Logistics, Railroad, Trucking, Warehousing, and Law Enforcement. It consists of these industries located in the tri-state area of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. During the course of the Mid-South Cargo Security Council it has supported the Task Force by:
- Provided training opportunities for Task Force Members to attend
- Purchasing needed equipment that their agencies were unable to supply
- Provided a scholarship fund for members children
- Provided needed resources to assist with investigations
- Provided a network of trained, experience, security and investigator professional